Multixel - co2 fractional laser
Multixel is a CO2 laser equipped with a fractional scanner for ablative treatments of skin regeneration. Its effect is strong stimulation of skin regeneration process and skin reconstruction through intensified synthesis of collagen. After the treatment with Multixel, the skin looks smoother, firmer and evenly tonned.
The procedure requires local anaesthesia (EMLA cream), which makes the experience virtually painless. During the treatment, the skin is "perforated" with a fractional scanner. The number of scanner "passes" through the skin depends on individual clinical indications. Immediately after the procedure, patients experience skin redness and sometimes a little swelling. Also, for 2-3 hours after the treatment, some degree of burning sensation is possible. On the day following the treatment, the treated skin turns brown and begins to flake. The early healing process lasts from about 4 to 7 days. The redness of the skin may persist up to a few weeks, which depends on how aggressive the treatment was. Total skin reconstruction process and, therefore, full effects of the treatment can be seen after 3-6 months after the procedure, as the body continues to produce new collagen in the treated area.
a) acne scars:
- atrophic, depressed,
- thinned out, cigarette paper-like scars,
- little, raised, follicular, resembling milia,
b) rejuvenation of the skin on the face, neck, neckline and hands, stretch marks,
c) removal of discolouration (melasma, other dyschromias),
d) modelling of atrophic surgical, post-traumatic and burn scars;
oral isotretinoin therapy (Izotek, Curacne, Aknenormin) or oral steroid therapy - at least 3 months after the end of the therapy,
- skin cancer,
- pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- active bacterial or viral skin infections,
- chronic inflammatory dermatoses (e.g. psoriasis, atopic dermatitis),
- a period of 4 weeks since the treatment of filling wrinkles with hyaluronic acid,
Skin-care recommendations after the procedure:
- skin care with mild hydrating and regenerating cream (e.g. Cetaphil MD, Cetaphil skin cleanser, Cicalfate Avene, etc.),
- sun protection - using cream with SPF>30 for about 4 weeks after the treatment,
- make-up: possible already after a few days after the procedure,
- social downtime: 4-7 days.