Regeneris - platelet-rich plasma
Regenerative therapy using platelet-rich plasma is a modern, rejuvenating skin anti-aging procedure that stimulates the own resources of every organism to the regeneration and revitalization of the skin.
Blood is a suspension of cellular (morphotic) elements in a solution that we call plasma. The most important blood cell components are red blood cells (erythrocytes), white blood cells (leucocytes), and blood platelets (thrombocytes). Plasma constitutes of 55% of the blood volume. It is nothing more than a water solution (about 90% water) of proteins, amino acids, electrolytes, sugars, vitamins, fats and many other substances, mostly of low molecular mass.
Blood dusts called thrombocytes are the smallest blood cells. They have a flat disk shape and a diameter of 3-4 μm. They are deprived of nucleic cell and their number in healthy organism amount to 150-450 thousand in 1 mm3. Thrombocytes represent only about 0.4% of all blood morphotic elements, but their role in our body is very important. Among others, they take active participation in many important processes - blood clotting, breaking down blood clots (fibrinolysis) and sealing damaged blood vessels. Moreover, their internal granules are a storage place for many biologically active substances.
So far, more than 30 growth factors have been found in the blood dusts, the most important of them are:
- transforming growth factor beta, TGF-b: promotes growth of the template between cells
- lamellar growth factor PDGF: stimulates blood vessels growth, cells replication and epithelialization
- epidermal growth factor EGF: stimulates growth and differentiation of cells and the formation of new collagen
- FGF fibroblast growth factor: stimulates blood vessels formation and promotes the growth of specialized cells
- insulin-like growth factor – IGF
- growth factor of endothelium of vessels – VEGF
It has been proved that growth factors released from blood dusts, speed up the division, development and differentiation of cells, stimulate stem cells and fibroblasts. They boost the formation of collagen and intercellular matrix. They have positive impact on the quality of intercellular connections and on the formation of new blood vessels and improvement of microcirculation in tissues. Growth factors contained in thrombocytes initiate and accelerate the processes of tissue regeneration and reconstruction and because of that they promote healing and natural convalescent mechanisms of our body. The main purpose of using the platelet-rich plasma in aesthetic medicine is to provide an extra portion of the condensed growth factors derived from the platelets to the areas that need it and which we want to undergo remodeling, regeneration and rejuvenation. In the case of the aesthetic medicine this is of course skin.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a blood-borne formulation obtained from venous blood of a patient. This is a concentrate from own blood dusts of a relatively small volume of plasma. Platelet-rich plasma is more than just a concentrate of the blood dusts and contained in them platelets growth factors. It contains all the valuable plasma components, including three important, from the point of view of tissue regeneration, proteins: fibrin, fibronectin and vitrinectin. They are responsible, a.o. for correct adhesion (adherence) of cells, so they play a significant role in the process of healing and tissue renewal.
It is considered that platelet-rich plasma should only be defined as a plasma if it has a concentration of thrombocytes of at least 1 million / mm 3. In practice, this means that platelet-rich plasma concentrations should be min. 3-4 times higher in comparison to the initial value (in blood).
Mechanism of platelet-rich plasma:
- effective by the presence of highly concentrated growth factors (mainly acting on keratinocytes due to the presence of EGF - Epithelial Growth Factor)
- production of new collagen by fibroblast activation (PDGF, TGF)
- activation of angiogenesis and microcirculation (VEGF).
- protection against free radicals (vitamins, oligoelements, oxidative enzymes)
- biostimulation of mesenchymal stem cells (growth factors)
- volumetric therapy biostimulating skin cells
- filling the wrinkles using platelet-rich plasma and fibrin activation
At present, plasma can be efficiently prepared not only in hospital conditions (as recently) but also in ambulatory conditions. Of course, it is only possible if certain requirements are fulfilled. The requirements apply in the sterility, quality and repeatability of the practiced method. The most common ready-to-use sets are used to obtain platelet-rich plasma. They should enable to obtain at least 5 ml of plasma containing at least 1 million thrombocytes in 1 mm3. The important thing is that the practiced method should enable to achieve a high concentration of growth factors. All components of the set that are in contact with blood and plasma must be sterile and non-pyrogenic.
Over the past decade, a number of clinical studies on the efficacy of platelet-rich plasma have been conducted. The studies showed significant therapeutic benefits in the treatment of traumatology and soft tissue injuries, in order to accelerate cartilage repair, tendon regeneration, bone growth and pain relief. Currently, the platelet-rich concentrate is also successfully used in: increasing the survival of fat transplantation in breast reconstruction patients, treating diabetic foot ulcers, correcting scars, stimulating hair growth or antiaging therapy.
Regeneris also called by patients "Vampire Lifting" is a special skin cells biostimulation program which is based on obtaining platelet-rich plasma from your own blood. Regeneris® contains cells and growth factors from your blood that stimulate the skin to the regeneration, so the skin regains youthful vitality. As a result, the skin becomes smoother, more flexible and clearly younger.
Regeneris – is a 100% biocompatible product, and facial revitalization is possible because of the so-called Autologous Cellular Regeneration (ACR) - regeneration of skin cells, because of the action of own growth factors and stem cells.
Regeneris are the original swiss sets, sterile-packed and containing all the elements needed for blood collection and platelet-rich plasma administering:
1) Regeneris Classic
2) Regeneris Extra
3) Regeneris Plus
4) Regeneris PlusOne
Process of treatment:
1) Blood collection.
>Preparation of platelet-rich plasma begins with blood collection from the patient immediately before the procedure. Blood is collected in a sterile manner, usually from the upper extremity vein. The patient does not need to be fasting, and the whole procedure is similar to the basic blood collection procedure. The amount of collected blood is 6-18 ml. Blood is drawn into the test tube (or tubes) containing anticoagulant- so the blood does not clot.
Regardless of the method used, the purpose of obtaining the platelet-rich plasma procedure is to always receive a higher number of thrombocytes than in the full blood of the patient. To this end, blood test tubes are submitted to gravity sedimentation so centrifuge centrifugation. It allows for the separation of plasma and blood dusts from much heavier morphotic elements.
3) Obtaining the platelet-rich plasma.
The preparation of the well-obtained platelet-rich plasma remains stable and sterile for about 8 hours, it is best to use it immediately. Plasma cannot be frozen, so is must be prepared before each operation.
4) Administering plasma to the skin.
Plasma is injected into the skin using a technique of needle or linear mesotherapy along the lines of wrinkles and skin folds. The technique of needle mesotherapy is to inject the plasma very shallow, intradermally - in the form of microdeposits. Injected plasma should reach the papillary skin, because there are mesenchymal stem cells and fibroblasts, which are stimulated.
Places of application
Basic indications are the improvement of the appearance of such places as:
- nasolabial folds
- eye area (crow's feet, shadows), eyelids
- lips, chin, forehead
- folds on the neck and back on the neck
- backs of the hands
- scalp hair
- improvement of skin condition
- removal of wrinkles
- improvement of face oval
- improvement of skin hydration
- stunting the aging process
- scar treatment
- treatment of stretch marks
- cellulite therapy
- increasing the effectiveness of laser treatments
- accelerating the skin healing after laser treatments and chemical peelings
- hair loss treatment
Platelet-rich plasma is used in cases of hair loss, administering in so called. "nappage" technique, which consist in very superficial skin punctures. Because of that, the hair follicles are better nourished and produce healthier and stronger hair.
Frequency of treatments
Mesotherapy with Regeneris® should be performed in series - it is recommended to perform 3-4 treatments at intervals of 3 weeks. In the case of scars, stretch marks and hair loss, more treatments may be needed. The number of treatments and time intervals will be determined individually by the doctor during the consultation.
Regeneris technology provides lasting effects in regeneration and revitalization of facial skin, yet it is absolutely natural and biocompatible with your body without the risk of intolerance, allergies or other immune reactions.
Regeneris is intended mainly for patients whose skin needs renewal and for those who are looking for natural products or are allergic to other products.
After mesotherapy or plasma administration linearly along wrinkles, local injection-related symptoms such as redness, painfulness or subtle oedema may develop. However, these are fast-passing phenomena.
When to use treatment with platelet-rich plasma?
- when there are signs of aging: wrinkles, folds, furrows, crow's feet, sunken skin, reduced skin density,
- when the skin is tired, dry, weakly taunted, its color is not uniform
- when we want the skin to heal faster and regenerate after treatments
- when filling acne scars is needed or improvement of the stretch marks appearance
- in case of hair loss (in both men and women)
- in case of looking for natural products or being allergic to other products
- improvement of elasticity, structure, tension and density of the skin,
- smoothing wrinkles and folds,
- rejuvenation and unification of skin color,
- more growth of stronger hair
- improved blood supply
- acceleration of healing processes after treatments of aesthetic medicine others.
- blood diseases,
- acute viral infections,
- chronic liver disease
- HIV infection,
- autoimmune diseases,
- the use of immunosuppressive drugs,
- blood clotting disorder,
- anticoagulant treatment (antithrombotic drugs);
Regeneris restores the skin:
- youth and vitality
- improves the tension and density of the skin
- nourishes, regenerates and improves its texture and color
Regeneris – vampire lifting is a very popular treatment among foreign and Polish stars from showbusiness.
Remember that only the original treatment gives 100% of satisfaction.